Sinouri Neurological & Psychiatric Clinic marked the beginning of its operation in 1964 and since then it has been devoted to providing high quality services aiming at the treatment and rehabilitation of people who suffer from psychiatric diseases, of which the most indicative are depression and bipolar disorder.
Frequently, mental patients feel vulnerable and exposed, showing difficulty in functioning into society, which dismisses them because of the fear of different.
In Sinouri Clinic we offer care during the acute phase in order to stabilize the patient, as well as during the chronic phase, focusing not only on the therapy or suppression of the symptoms of any disease, but also on the socialization of patients so that they win back their lives.
On December 2009 we made an extensive and thorough renovation of our building infrastructure in accordance with the latest European standards. With our renewed scientific personnel that combines high scientific adequacy with a humanitarian approach, we focus daily on the special needs of each patient and his family.
We are on top of mental health services and we promote the improvement of human health. Responsibility, prudence and patience are our principles as employees.
We materialize this project every single day, maintaining partnerships with people who:
- Work with patience
- Have excellent skills in treating and properly handling people who suffer from psychiatric diseases
- Seek to improve the health of hospitalized patients
- Ensure that the patients are safe
- Offer them emotional stability
- Make sure their stay is comfortable
BEDS & ROOMS
Sinouri has 118 beds divided into suites, single, double and triple. All rooms provide air conditioning and interior bathroom, wardrobes, security bulletproof windows without bars as well as flat LED TV’s, ensuring high quality accommodation for patients.
- Karakatsanis Athanasios – Neurologist
- Konstantinos Kalligeros – Pathologist
- Konstantinos Avdikos – Psychologist
- Tabakopoulos Dimitris – Psychologists,
- Georgitsogiannakou Maria – Doctor
- Maria Giavri – Supervisor
- Maria Basdeki – Pharmacist
- Michaela Kastrini – Psychologist
- Despoina Arvaniti – Occupational Therapist
Information about Sinouri
- 30.7km from Athens International Airport
- 2.6km from ‘Kifisia’ metro station (line 1)
- 22.6km from Athens Center
Specific Medical Departments
- Psychiatric: Psychoses - affective - anxiety - developmental disorders
- Psychogeriatric: Psychic disorders of the elderly - organic psychosyndroma and dementia
- Addictions: Mental disorders due to substance abuse - alcohol addiction - prescripted medication
- Eating Disorders: Anorexia nervosa - bulimia nervosa